Thursday, October 04, 2007

Baby Blues


When Mr Frankie and I first got married, we decided that we won’t get pregnant the first year citing that we are not ready financially, emotionally and mentally. So we pretty much set on enjoying our first year baby-free.

But when I was late for 2 weeks, we found ourselves getting (somehow) all excited. We were toying with the idea that we might be pregnant and that we were very excited about it. Heck, Mr Frankie was thinking of putting an order for a baby Man U jersey over the net and I was surfing baby websites as recommended by Diyana (The Ferocious Eating Monster).

Then yesterday whilst in a meeting, I had to rush to the loo and later found out that I had my period. Feeling all bumped and all I told Mr Frankie about it and we found ourselves very very disappointed that we were not pregnant.

We then realized that we are ready to be parents no matter what our initial plan was. I guess the false alarm set off our parental instinct and we know that there is no such thing as “now is not a good time to have baby”.

I am ready to be a Mommy and Mr. Frankie is (more) than ready to be a Daddy.

So wish us luck people!