Monday, April 09, 2007

It's My Wedding I'd Panic If I Want To

It was rather foolish of me to think that since it is going to be my wedding, I would have a total control over the preparation. A meeting with the aunty-in-law-to-be (AILTB) over the weekend proved that I do not have (almost) any control whatsoever over the preparation (much so especially when my sister-in-law-to-be is rather ehem…bossy).

After the discussion, Hot Papa and I realized that we have not done anything for our impending wedding and that it is just another 4 months away and there are so much to do. With a slight panic attack, we started to list down things that needed to be done. We have yet to book a place for the reception (on my side) and we just found out that the date we have chosen for the reception coincides with the beginning of school holiday.

Then there are cards, caterer, canopies, costumes, cakes, and so much more!

There goes our dream of a small private wedding *sighs* It was really hard explaining to the AILTB that we wanted a small simple wedding with only families and good friends. Apparently Hot Papa belongs to a very huge clan and we HAVE to invite ALL first….second…seven thousandth cousins to the wedding. Thank goodness my side of the family, there are only 12 of us! hahahah

But I guess AILTB has a point. Wedding is the time you meet all your new relatives and families (though still I prefer a small beach wedding or something).

So this whole wedding preparation matter has deterred me from getting good nights sleep the last two days. I kept waking every hour or so. I even dreamt walking down the aisle naked because I forgot to get meself a wedding attire! Yikes. So last Sunday saw me scouring shops looking for material and whatnot. I have yet to find what I wanted but at least I’ve started. And I have already bought door gifts for guests. (phewww)

So….’door gifts’ = checked!

Off to the next agenda.


.....and while I was busy getting things done, my two chikadees were busy having fun playing with newspapers and boxes in the apartment. I went home to a house full of shredded newspapers and torn boxes. Odie and Ronnie thought it would be fun to see me screaming at them and then decided to just jump on the bed and sleep before snoring quite loudly with no sense of remorse whatsoever. Sheesh!