Saturday, November 03, 2007

Fourth Malaysia International Fashion Week (M-IFW '07)


The 4th Malaysia International Fashion Week will be held from November 15 to November 18 at the KLCC Convention Centre and this years' theme is "In Love With Twiggy"

Part of the excitement of this year's M-IFW is the mifa8 competition turns out. And I'm rooting for Mohd Sandra Azwan Abdul Wahid! Woohoo!

Yes his name is Sandra and I think he is just fabulous. I adore his architectural influenced shapes that are confident in its linear, controlled execution. Key items in his Radical Chic collection include ponchos, cropped jackets and turtlenecks. Sandra used metallic sheens in his outfits to create a clearly defined contrast working with fabric like tafetta, satin, jersey and viscose linen.
Oooh I love clothes! My grandmum was a seamstress and I remember sitting next to her sewing machine and watch her transform a piece of cloth into a beautiful 'baju kurung' or 'kebaya'. And sometimes she would sew embroideries on the kebaya and I would just sit and watch for hours. She was very careful and very talented and hari raya would be the busiest days where she'd be up in her sewing room making dresses and baju kurung and kebaya.
I miss my grandmum.
As for me, I can't sew to save my life hehehe...
Anyway finalists for mifa8 are Nut Teh, Leong Wen Yi, Gracelina Choo Swee Mun (I love her name!), Jessica Chuan Xi Yin, Willies Gan Yee Wei, Winson Tan Kim Ee, WM Ruzaini and of course Sandra.
Good luck people!