Friday, November 30, 2007

Boy Caught Fire At Petrol Station

KUALA LUMPUR: A 3-year-old who suffered 70 per cent burns on his body when a pump nozzle at a petrol station caught fire may need plastic surgery.

The family of Muhammad Ikmal Imran Ahmad Nizam plans to file a suit against the petrol station for negligence.
Speaking at a press conference at the office of lawyer Karpal Singh yesterday, the boy's father, Ahmad Nizam Abd Rahman, said he did not expect a normal stop at the petrol station in Batang Kali on Oct 12 to turn awry.
Nizam said he and his family were going back to their hometown to celebrate Hari Raya when the incident happened."I was pumping petrol when the pump nozzle caught fire. Everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew Ikmal was on fire."

Nizam said he and his two other sons were also burnt by the flames but Ikmal was the most seriously injured.
He said he tried to put out the fire but there were no fire extinguishers. He found out later that the extinguishers were kept in the office. Nizam rushed his children to a clinic and then to the Kuala Kubu Hospital where he and his two other sons received outpatient treatment while Ikmal was transferred to the intensive care unit of Selayang Hospital.
Nizam said Ikmal was badly traumatised by the incident."He cries whenever he sees fire on TV or a lighter."Karpal said the family was taking action against the petrol station as it failed to provide safety measures.
How in the world did he caught fire??
Oh my this is dangerous. Pity the little boy.